Photo: Dan Thomas / GAVI Alliance
Fall 2014 Edition:
We are seeking contributions on major developments and challenges related to health and diplomacy in the Middle East. Additionally, we welcome other topics that address the challenges and success in social, cultural, economic, political and environmental health. Undoubtedly, we all have a role to play in developing effective solutions.
We would like to invite you to join the global health leaders who will be part of this edition. Please prepare a submission that reflects your experience and perspective on major challenges and opportunities in relation to issues in the Middle East.
Below are some of the topics that we plan to include in the upcoming edition. We invite you to choose one or to discuss another topic of your choice.
Featured Topics for Fall Edition
- Maternal and Child Health in conflict areas
- Health Care in Transition- the expansion of the private sector
- Malnutrition (under and over-nutrition, Vitamin A deficiencies, anemia, child stunting)
- Progress toward MDGs (at a local, national or global scale)
- Global Health and the Economy (microcredit, innovative financing and other topics)
- Access to clean, safe water and sanitation
- Immunizations successes and challenges
- Socio-cultural barriers to healthcare access
- Life expectancy, maternal and child mortality
- Urbanization and lifestyle changes (increased road traffic injuries and tobacco smoking)
- Family planning and its impact on improving children’s health
- Humanitarian crises and their effect on health
- HIV /AIDS, TB, malaria and other infectious diseases
- Non Communicable Disease (NCDs)